Monday, October 03, 2005

Hurray!

Good news, everyone. Our phone came back today! Of course, you'll have a hard time getting me because I'll be online. Just kidding!

On a more serious note, I drove down into Gulfport today. I had to go down Pass Rd. to the Toyota dealership to get oil for the vehicles. Coming back, I went through a small residential section. It was so sad to see the homes that were flooded with piles of debris laying in the yard outside the house ready to be picked up by these modified dump trucks. We are under a burn ban because we've had such dry weather, so nobody is able to burn any of their debris. It can be quite hazardous just driving down the road or pulling out of our driveway.

We had a team of workers from Stennis come on Friday to remove some trees out of our yard. These trees were either down or leaning badly. It sure looks great! Thanks, guys, for all your hard work. We really appreciated it.

Things are starting to get back to "new normal." We had our small group meeting last week. Even though we didn't have Bible study, we did share stories of our storm experience. It was helpful for everyone just to share what they experienced and where they will go from here. Other signs of normalcy are going back to "work." I went into the office today to get ready for Sunday and for staff meeting. There are more people there, but I was able to get a few things accomplished. Staff meeting was very good. It was great just to get back together and find out from one another how things are going.

Well, must put the kids to bed. Will try to write again tomorrow or the next day.

Katrina (and proud of it)

No comments: