Saturday, October 29, 2005

It's Been Awhile!

Praise the Lord! We've got a new roof!!! I'm so glad not to see a blue tarp on my roof. I just can't tell you how "normal" that makes things. We changed the color of the roof. We now have a hunter green roof. Sorry, Aunt Sara. You'll have to change the house on Mom's tree. (Hee-Hee!) It really makes a difference. If you ever have to pick out a new roof (which I hope you don't have to for a looooooooong time), you should consider a green roof. This crew put our roof on in 2 1/2 days.

Today was a busy day. We cleaned the house. Vince went to Belk because they were having a sale on fall clothes. This afternoon, Vince put up two motion-detector floodlights on our garage. I raked pine needles and pulled weeds out of my azaleas. I'm getting ready to mulch for the winter. Charlene, my new neighbor and a good friend, made chicken salad and gave us some of it. I was very grateful. It was very yummy.

Tomorrow is Sunday and a time-change. I am curious to see who forgets to set their clocks back. We were supposed to have a couple of extra people spending the night with us tonight, but their mom was sick, so they all stayed at home.

I had the joy and privilege of going to a DRC, Disaster Recovery Center, on Friday. What a confusing place. It was in the DAV center (whatever that stands for) and there were tables lined up with labels like SBA, Crisis Counseling, Financial Assistance, FEMA, etc. Even though it wasn't very crowded at the time, it was rather overwhelming. I needed help filling out a SBA loan paper which FEMA says they need us to do. What hoops one will jump through to keep FEMA happy! Some wicked little person is watching us jump through hoops and getting a real kick out of it. At any rate, Vince had to go there this morning to drop off our paperwork. He says he doesn't think anything will come of it, though. I would hope something would come of it after all the research I did on that form.

Monday, we are planning to go to Wiggins in the afternoon. The shops on Pine Hill are going to give away candy for the kids, they have a costume contest and then the church has their Fall Festival. We're going to pick up LaVerne, who is feeling much better nowadays. She feels up to trekking around Pine Hill and the church. I imagine we won't stay very long at the church. Just long enough for the kids to play the games and eat.

Well, it's time to get ready for bed. What are you going to do with your extra hour?

No comments: