Today is going to be a "duck" day. It isn't even 10:00 a.m. yet and already it is raining cats and dogs. The forecast calls for rain all day. I don't know about you, but I get kind of lazy on rainy days.
However, I cannot be lazy. I have lots of good things to do today. I'm taking a meal to a new friend. Her name is Nichole and she is from Iowa. Her husband is deployed, and she is home with her little boy. I'm sure she is missing him just like all my other friends whose husbands are deployed. Anyway she recently had surgery and her little boy may have CF. They are still in the "finding out" stage of diagnosis. I think her mom has been helping her these past couple of weeks, but our small group wanted to bring her a couple of meals to relieve her. It's my turn this weekend.
My friend, Marivic, just got back from Virginia. She has been there since the storm. She has been going through chemotherapy for breast cancer. We are having a welcome home party for her today starting at noon. I'm sure she will be so tired. I hope, though, that it will be a good day for her.
Well I must finish my chores and cooking for Nichole. I will write some more later. Check out the link if you haven't already done so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment