So much for writing once a week. A lot has happened since my last entry. The sad thing is that Vince's mom passed away on June 16. She had gone in for open heart surgery. She was having two heart valves replaced. She made it fine through the surgery, but during the recovery, she began to lose ground. So she passed peacefully and in no pain to which we are grateful. But we miss her terribly. When I see pictures of her, I always get a little blue. Praise God we do not grieve without hope. We know she is in a better place, but we were just not ready to lose her.
We had Camp Create the very next week. If it hadn't been for my friend and Camp Create guru, Deana Cox, I never would have made it. She just took over when I couldn't be there and everything went so well that week. We had a great team from Wisconsin that helped us with the camp. It was a great week for all involved, children and adults alike.
We also took some children to Student Life for Kids camp. It was an experience driving six hours to Shocco Springs in Talledega, AL with six kids in two vehicles. It was a great camp, though, and I know Anna Marie enjoyed learning more about God during her week there. They are all ready to go back next year and are already thinking about who they are going to invite. Nathan says he's not going, but maybe we can wear him down.
The other week, Vince and I went to Orlando, FL. He is a NASA Space Flight Awareness Honoree. This means they go on and on about how he helped them get the Space Shuttle up and running again. He was given a model of a space shuttle, they flew us to Orlando and put us in a nice hotel, they threw a big banquet for all 800 honorees, they gave him a nice framed certificate, and they gave us a tour of Kennedy Space Center. The only thing they couldn't do for us is let us stay for two weeks until the shuttle launched (nearly two weeks late). However, we can return (on our own dime), and they will take us to the site where we can watch another space shuttle launch. The next launch date is December, then sometime in February. Hmm, February in Orlando sounds pretty nice. What do you think?
At Crosspoint we are starting our building campaign to raise money toward building on our property. It is an exciting time. We are also growing by leaps and bounds. We had 86 people in the second service in the children's building! God is good! Now we've got to get creative with our space because we have precious little of it when we have that many bodies here.
Check out www.mycrosspoint.org for the latest sermon series. There is a video vault with some of the intro videos used to introduce the sermon of the day. They are really cool and great fun to watch. There is also a story about a young couple in our small group. Very good.
Well, I'm at work, so I'd better get to it. I want to get done some time today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Deanna, Matthew and I enjoyed our lunch with Katrina and friends at the mall next to the Cobb Galleria where they were attending a conference. I was excited to hear about their trip to the Cape and Vince's involvement in the space program. it is nice to know someone who is working on the new space program. I am looking forward to following the progress.
Love to all,
Hubert
Post a Comment