Saturday, August 27, 2005

Katrina's Getting Too Near Katrina

As you may know, my "namesake" is churning around down there in the Gulf of Mexico. The storm, which at this point is a Category 3 Hurricane is set to hit New Orleans on Monday around 1 p.m. We will make a decision tomorrow about whether or not to head out of here. Where we are now is not good. We would be on the NE quadrant of the storm should this track hold true. If we evacuate, we will head to Mobile with the camper, I think. I will let you know as details become availabld.

Meanwhile, we are doing the storm prep. We still had our canoe trip, however, and it was a lot of fun. Some people backed out at the last minute because of the hurricane, but a few of us brave souls went ahead and paddled down the Wolf River. It was very hot, though. The temperatures here are in the mid-90s with a heat index of over 100 degrees.

Back to the storm prep., I'm washing all the clothes, blogging, and contemplating mopping my kitchen floor, which, if you know me, it's my least favorite chore. I'll probably get all the school stuff ready to go as soon as we know if we're going. Vince has frozen some water for us to drink, and he's gone to get some supplies at Home Depot. Back at the homefront, I've got to start thinking about what we are going to have for supper. Which bring me to my next dilemma, what are we going to eat during the hurricane?!? I'd better go bake some cookies or something. I'll post another blog later.

I love you guys. Thanks for joining me on this adventure.

No comments: